Sunday, March 25, 2012

and she is eating her very first meals. [for the last 3 1/2 months!!]


YES, Miss Bella is already 7 1/2 months old and took on a new milestone this past week of eating solids :0)  It has truly been a LONGGGGG time coming and I am enjoying making her meals at home :0)  It is extremely important to me to feed my daughter the healthiest and freshest meals so I opt to make them myself instead of feed her from a jar.  Organic brown rice cereal has been her first meal for the past several days and has been a huge success with her eating around 1/2 a serving twice a day.  I am looking forward to the coming days and experiencing her likes and dislikes of ALL the different fruits and veggies, obviously I am hoping for MORE likes!!  I am currently boiling up a sweet potato for this weeks meal and plan on making her meals every Sunday and then freezing leftovers.  I will be starting with a variety of veggies before introducing her to the fruits because of their natural sweetness :0)  I have been attempting solids on and off with Dovie since the beginning of her 4th month of life after I got clearance from her pediatrician.  Feeding time became a battle and a frustrating time for both of us.  Grammie and Grampie and her daycare ALL had unsuccessful attempts at solids with her...she was just not ready!!  Every two weeks I tried again and ALAS 3 1/2 months later she is eating them no problem!!  SHE LOVES HER BROWN RICE CEREAL :0)  This mama is learning patience and perseverance <3

Any of you experience a similar situation when starting solids?  Any feeding advice for this first-time momma?

Thanks,
Jamie Leigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment